Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pod Presentations

There were several things that I liked tonight, but I think that creating a space, one that is somewhat unique was the overiding theme throughout all of the various presentations. I really think that in many respects, we can probably combine all of the pod's ideas, to make one simple, yet attractive online magazine. My suggestions would be having a space (i.e. a house) for which the reader/visitor can enter into. Within that house you will have the various themes suggested tonight, whether it is going down into a basement/fallout shelter, to going into a kids room where the comic book idea can be prevalent; going into a library where we have have the concept of a book and being able to turn the pages, could all mesh well in creating an interesting world of liturature and art.

In terms of being more pro active in trying to acquire submissions, I think that we as students have to take it upon ourselves to establish for example, a minimum number of submissions that we will each solicit and bring to the magazine.

Overall though, i think we now have an excellent start...the hard part now is how are we going to ultimately make the decisions as to where and how we want to proceed from here.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a house! There are so many options for different rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the notion of creating a "space" is really important, though we also need to be pragmatic about the sustainability of our design and the bandwidth requirements...not to mention the expertise needed to produce complex, graphics-heavy, flash-heavy sites. I vote for a flashy intro page, and simple internal pages, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and your blog responders - space is key. I am wondering if we might find a space that says "din" in some way - a record store, a crowd, etc.? Can you think of any noisy spaces we might try to inhabit online?

    ReplyDelete